Jason Evans holds a Master of Arts degree in Counselling Psychology, and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
Jason believes that everyone has the ability to create positive changes in their lives, and that an important part of counselling is providing a space where people feel safe, accepted and comfortable to make those changes.
As a musician, athlete, and teacher, Jason has a personal connection with challenges involving performance anxiety, self-esteem, and self-confidence. These experiences have shaped him as a person and fostered a strong sense of compassion and empathy as a counsellor. Through Jason’s support and guidance, clients have the opportunity to heal themselves as well as their relationships, gain self-confidence, and develop a greater sense of life purpose, and personal empowerment.
Jason works with individuals as well as couples, and integrates evidence based client-centred approaches, which include mindfulness, emotionally focused and cognitive behavioural therapy.
Jason is an excellent choice, if you are seeking any of the following:
- Help with anxiety-related issues, including social, sexual and work performance.
- Greater self-confidence and improved self-esteem
- Gain stronger communication skills, including conflict resolution
- Explore and repair relationship challenges (individually or couples)
- Develop a better understanding of anger and the tools to manage it
- Acquire skills to improve mental strength related to sports and performance
- More clarity in finding solutions and future goals
- Support regarding issues specific to men’s emotional health
Jason received his designation of RCC from the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. As a RCC, Jason can receive clients with extended health benefits as well as employment assistance programs (EAP). The BC Association of Clinical Counsellors has clear ethics and standards that its members are required to abide by, and promotes professional development by offering continuing educational opportunities.